Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 18th, 2012

Yesterday I learned about this journaling assignment, and I was very nervous about it. Normally, I am not one to share my feelings. I have been diagnosed with multiple anxiety disorders, panic disorder, and bipolar disorder. Because of this, I feel that people don't always understand me. There are so many negative stereotypes with some of these disorders, especially bipolar disorder, and I feel that many people will not understand what I'm dealing with, and will judge me and form negative opinions.
The idea of this journaling assignment caused me to start having panic attacks. I was scared and didn't feel I'd be able to journal and wouldn't be able to complete the assignment to the best of my abilities. After talking to Mr. Matthews, I decided to complete this assignment using photographs. I enjoy taking photographs and I feel comfortable discussing pictures and how I felt taking them.
I'm going to REALLY push myself, to talk about my feelings throughout this assignment. I believe Mr. Matthews is correct when he says that journaling about our emotions can help us grow and learn to communicate better. I feel I've already taken a big step by journaling a little bit about my disorders and my struggles. I'm going to keep this blog private as well, so that I feel more comfortable knowing that not a lot of people are looking at it and I am not sharing with as many people.
So...here is my picture for today!
This is a picture I took of a sandhill crane! I was driving to my friend's house today, and I decided to take the back way to avoid traffic. Behind her subdivision, there is a lot of grassy prairie type land. As I was driving I saw the cranes get closer and closer. At first, I didn't realize what they were. Once I got close enough, I realized and was so excited! When I was young, my school went to the International Crane Foundation on a field trip. I really enjoyed myself there and took an interest in cranes. I don't see them often in the wild, so I was excited when I saw these. I really wanted a picture, but I didn't think I'd be able to get close enough. Amazingly, I was able to drive right up next to them and take a quick picture! There barely even noticed I was there! It was a pleasant surprise and made my day a little brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment