Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 19th, 2012

Today my photo is of my grandma, Jeanette. My grandma is one of the most important people in my life. She is one of my best friends. I grew up spending almost every weekend with her, and she pretty much lived with us while I was growing up. She is someone I look up to and strive to be more like each day. I'm a lot like her as well. She's very sensitive and has anxiety issues like I do.
My grandma recently had her knee replaced. She had her first knee replaced about three years ago. I remember visiting her in the hospital a few days after she had it done. She was very out of it, loopy and lethargic. I got very upset, had to leave the room, and immediately broke down into tears. It was kind of a realization that my grandma was getting older, and would one day leave me. I'm not dumb, I knew this would happen eventually, but I've always seen her as invincible in a way. She beat cancer, twice, and is so strong. But to see her so broken down like this, it was difficult for me. So I was scared for her with this second knee replacement. However, she did SO much better this time. The medicine made her a little loopy for a day or two, but she handled the whole thing a lot better (she had a different doctor who did a different style of surgery and this was SO much better! She's already cruisin' around the house!) I spent a lot of time with her while she was in the hospital and today I took her in for physical therapy. She is very funny, and I love watching her in physical therapy because she's always cracking jokes! I think I got my sense of humor from her too!

No comments:

Post a Comment