Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 22nd, 2012

Today one of my best friends, Heather, came over to hang out with Macyn and me. Being a young mom is very difficult. I was 21 when my daughter was born, and am now 23. Most of the friends I had when I was 21 are still out partying at night and getting drunk on weekends. They don't have a lot of responsibilities. After I had my daughter, a lot of those friends didn't really try to hang out with me anymore. They came to see me once or twice, and would call and ask me to go out, but I obviously couldn't. It hurt me, a lot, to lose some of these friends. We still talk, but not many of them come around anymore, except on rare occasions. SO when I have a friend like Heather, who has stuck with me through everything (we've been friends since we were 4) and who LOVES my daughter, it means a lot to me. I've come to realize how valuable REAL friends are. Those friends that don't want to hang out with me, because I have a kid, they are not real friends. I enjoy spending time with my real friends, and seeing how much they love my daughter makes my heart happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment